ECARDS-Nepal had worked in partnership with different donor organisations and development partner institutions. Major UN organisations, donors, international non-governmental organisations and bilateral projects are listed below:
- Food & Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
- InternationalLabour Organisation (ILO)
- United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
- UN-Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat)
- United Nations World Food Programme (UNWFP
- Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- World Bank (WB)
International donors/Embassies/ bilateral projects/INGOs:
- Action Aid Nepal (AAN)
- Canadian Cooperation Office (CCO)
- Caritas Nepal
- European Union (EU)
- Embassy of Finland
- FSPN French Cooperation
- German Development Organisation (GIZ)
- Heifer International Nepal
- Helen Keller International (HKI) Nepal
- Helvetas Nepal
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD)
- International Centre for Mountain Development (ICIMOD)
- Mercy Corps Nepal
- Namaste No-Kai Japan
- Nepal Irrigation Sector Project (NISP)/ Royads Co.
- Plan International Nepal
- Swiss Agency for Development Cooperation (SDC)
- UK-Aid/ DFID
- World Food Programme (WFP)
- World Vision International (WVI) Nepal
ECARDS-Nepal has worked with different national partners and stakeholders representing Nepal government, non-governmental organisations and academic sectors.
It works with the Department of Agriculture (DoA), Department of Livestock Services (DLS), Department of Forests (DoF), Department of Irrigation (DoI), Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development (MOFALD), Poverty Alleviation Fund (PAF), Nepal Agricultural Research Council/ National Agricultural Research & Development Fund (NARC/NARDF).
In addition to government central departments, ECARDS-Nepal has also closely works with the district- and region-based line agencies of the government. Some of the key line agencies in the districts include: District Development Committees (DDCs), District Agriculture Development Offices (DADOs), District Livestock Services Offices (DLSOs), District Forest Offices (DFOs), District Women and Children Offices, District Education Offices (DEOs), District Soil Conservation Offices (DiSCOs), District Health Offices (DHOs), District Drinking Water Committees/Offices, etc.
Likewise, ECARDS-Nepal extends its partnerships with various universities, research and development institutes and academic institutions, including: Tribhuvan University (TU), Bordeaux University (France), Valencia Polytechnic Institute- Spain, Centre for Agriculture and Bio-resources (CABI), International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), Centre for International Research on Agriculture and Development (CIRAD)- France, Himalayan College of Agriculture and Animal Sciences (HICAST, Nepal), etcetera.
Equally, it works with local NGOs and CBOs in the concerned programme districts. In the recent years, working with local cooperatives has also been an important feature. In summary, it has worked more than 135 non-State local-level non-state institutions in the programme districts.
ECARDS-Nepal has experience of programme implementation in all districts of Nepal. Currently, it is implementing programme in 9 districts of Nepal covering three provinces. The map shows the coverage.